Data Protection Declaration
1) Name and Contact Information of the Controller
This Data Protection Declaration is valid for the data management of the controller responsible: Vigdis Thompson Foundation, represented by the foundation board.
• Prof. Dr. med. habil. Jan-Peter Warnke
• Dipl.-Jur. (Univ.) Lutz Maass
• Dr. med. Angelika Klammer
• Dipl. Kfm. Ralph Ehring
+49 (0)3761 1867676
+49 (0)3761 1867677
2) Collection and Storage of Personal Data as well as Type and Purpose of their Usage
a) When visiting our web page
When visiting our web page www.vigdis-thompson-foundation.org the automatic information supplied by the browser on your device is being sent to the server of our web site. This information is stored as a temporary file in a so called logfile. Without any action on your part the information automatically obtained and stored until automatically deleted are:
• IP address of the visiting PLC
• Date and time of the visit
• Name and URL of the visited file
• Website from which the visit originates (referring URL)
• Browser used and potentially the operating software of your PLC as well as the name of your access provider
This data is being processed by us for the following purposes:
• Assurance of a smooth connection sequence of our web site
• Assurance of a comfortable usage of our web site
• Evaluation of systems security and stability as well as
• for other administrative purpose
The legal basis for the data processing is Article 6 (1) point (f) GDPR. Our vested interest is based on the above listed purposes of data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purposes to withdraw conclusions with respect to you as a person.
b) When filling out the contact form
With any questions we may assist with, we offer the possibility to contact us through a form on our web site. This requires the information of a valid e-mail address so we know where the inquiry comes from and how to answer it. Further information can be given on a voluntary basis. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is subject to Article 6 (1) point (f) GDPR and based on your voluntarily given consent. The data received by us for the purpose of using the contact form are automatically being deleted once the inquiry has been taken care of.
3) Sharing of Data
Your data will not be shared with third parties other than for the purpose listed as follows.
We will only share your data with third parties if
• you have expressly agreed in accordance with Article 6 (1) point (a) GDPR.
• the sharing of your data is deemed necessary for the enforcement, execution or defense of legal claims pursuant to Article 6 (1) point (f), and that there is no ground to assume that you have a predominant interest of protection in the not sharing of your data.
• in the event, that the sharing of your data is legally required acc. to Article 6 (1) point (c) GDPR, as well as
• it is legally permitted and required for the execution of our contractual relationship with you acc. to Article 6 (1) point (b).
In addition, we use temporary Cookies which are stored on your device for a limited time to optimize the user friendliness of our site (see section 5). If you revisit our site to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you already have visited us and what entries and settings you have previously performed so they do not have to be entered again.
The data processed through Cookies are required for the mentioned purpose of assuring our legitimate interests and the ones of third parties in accordance with Article 6 (1) point (f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept Cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your device or that always an alert appears before a new Cookie is loaded. The entire deactivation of Cookies can result in the inability to use all the functions of our web site.
5. Analytical Tools
a) Tracking Tools
The tracking tools listed below and applied by us are based on Article 6 (1) point (f) GDPR. We use these tracking tools to offer usage appropriate functionality and continuing optimization of our web site. In addition, we use tracking tools to collect statistical information of our site, so we can provide an optimum of service to you. These interests should be viewed as appropriate with respect to the previously mentioned regulation.
The pertinent data usage purpose and data categories can be obtained through the according tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
For the purpose of a usage appropriate design and continuing improvements of our web pages we use Google Analytics, an analytical web service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; referred to as “Google”). In this context pseudonymized user data is established and cookies (see section 4) are being used. The information generated by the Cookie when you use this web site, such as
• Browser Type/Version
• Operating System
• Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
• Name of the host of the visiting device (IP address)
• Time of the server inquiry
are being transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is being used to analyze the usage of the web site, to establish reports about the web site activities and to establish additional web site and internet service offerings in connection with marketing research and appropriate design of these internet sites. This information is potentially transmitted to third parties if legally required or if third parties are awarded work with these data. Under no circumstances are your IP addresses combined with other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized to make a categorization impossible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of the Cookies using the appropriate setting in the browser software, but we want to point out that this may prevent full functionality of this web site.
You can further prevent the collection of the data generated by the Cookie and by your usage of the web site (incl. your IP address), as well as the processing of these data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add on, in particular with browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt out Cookie is being placed which prevents the future collection of your data when using this web site. The opt out Cookie only applies to this browser and only for our web site and is being installed on your device. If you delete the Cookies in this browser, you need set the opt-out-Cookie anew.
Further information on data protection in conjunction with Google Analytics can be found in Google Analytics Support (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
In order to collect statistical data about the usage of our web site and for the optimization of our web site, we further use Google Conversion Tracking. This means Google Adwords places a Cookie (see section 4) on your device provided you came to our web site through Google.
These Cookies are invalidated after 30 days and do not serve any personal identification. Should the user visit certain pages of the Adwords customer’s web site and they are still valid, Google and the customer can see that the user has clicked that link and was passed to that site.
Every Adwords customer receives a different Cookie. Therefore, Cookies cannot be traced through the web sites of Adwords customers. The information retrieved through the Conversion Cookies serves to establish conversion statistics for the Adwords customer who has decided to obtain the Conversion tracking. The customers learn the total amount of users who have clicked that link and were passed on to a site with a conversion tracking day. But they do not receive any information which leads to the personal identification of the user.
If you do not want to be part of the tracking process, you can reject the placement of such a Cookie, for example using a browser setting which deactivates any setting of a Cookie. You can as well deactivate Cookies for conversion tracking by entirely blocking any Cookies generated by www.googleleadservices.com in your browser. Googles Data Protection Policy for conversion tracking can be accessed under (http://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html).
6. User Rights
You have the right to
- obtain information about your personal data we have processed pursuant to Article 15 GDPR.
In specifics you can request information about the processing purpose, the category of the personal data concerned, the category of recipients who have obtained or will obtain your data, the intended storage period, the existence of a right to rectify, erase, restrict the processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a legal complaint, the source of your data, provided these were not collected by us, as well as the existence of an automatic decision making process including profiling and potentially explicit information on their details.
- obtain corrective action of inaccurate, or completion of personal data stored with us acc. to Article 16 GDPR.
- request erasure of your personal data stored with us according to Article 17 GDPR, provided the processing of these data is not required for the execution of the right to free speech and information, for the compliance with legal obligations, for the right of public interest or for the establishment, execution or defense of legal claims.
- request the limitation of the processing of your personal data according to Article 18 GDPR provided the accuracy of the data is being contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose their erasure and us not requiring them any longer, but you requiring them for the establishment, execution or defense of legal claims, or you having contested the processing acc. to article 21 GDPR.
- obtain the personal data which you have supplied us in a structured, commonly used and machine -readable format, or request these to be transmitted to another controller according to Article 20 GDPR.
- withdraw your previously issued consent at any time according to Article 7 (3) GDPR. This will cause the effect that we cannot continue the future usage of the data originally based on your consent and
- file a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general, you can do this with the authority of the place of your habitual residence, place of work or where our legal representative is located.
7. Right to Object
Provided you personal data is processed based on the legitimate interest acc. to Article 6 (1) point (f) GDPR you have the right to object to their processing pursuant to Section 21 GDPR on the grounds that there are reasons based on your particular situation or if the right to object is aimed towards Direct Marketing. In the latter case you have a general right to object, which will be adhered to by us without the requirement of disclosing a particular situation.
Should you wish to execute your right of objection or revocation, merely send an e-mail to email@example.com.
8. Data Safety
We use the SSL protocol during the visit to our web site in conjunction with the highest encryption level permitted by your browser. In general this means a 256-Bit encryption. If your browser does not support a 256-Bit encryption, we refer back to the 128-Bit v3 technology. Whether or not a single page of our internet presence is transmitted via encryption you can see at the locked icon of the key, or rather the key symbol at the bottom bar of your browser.
In addition we use adequate technical and organizational safety precautions to protect your data against accidental or intended manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or from unauthorized access by third parties. Our data protection measures are continuously improved in line with technological advancements.
9. Validity and Alteration of this Data Protection Declaration
This Data Protection Declaration is current as of May 2018.
Due to the continuous development of our web site and our offerings and based on changed legal or regulatory demands it may be necessary to alter this Data Protection Declaration. You can at any time access and print our current Data Protection Declaration by visiting our web site www.vidgis-thompson-foundation.org/kontakt/datenschutz/.
1) Note: When using our Contact Forms
Before the user can fill out the contact form the Data Protection Notice is displayed which has to be confirmed by the user.
Data Protection Declaration*
I herewith agree to the noted Data Protection Declaration.
Security question (please enter result)*
2) Note: When using our Newsletter
If you have explicitly agreed to receive our newsletter in accordance with Article 6 (1) point (a) GDPR we will use your e-mail address to send you regular newsletters. In order to receive the newsletter merely the e-mail address is required.
Unsubscribing is possible at any time, for example by using a link at the end of every newsletter. Alternatively you can e-mail your request for removal from our list to www.info@v-t-f-org.